In these critical times, it is essential to stay connected to the world. People are compelled to stay home because of the global health emergency due to COVID-19. Thanks to the technological advances you can still meet people virtually using the following apps. We have compiled a list of free video conferencing apps you can use to connect to anyone around the globe.
- JioMeet – It is one of the best video conferencing apps due to its amazing feature. One can join the video chat right away from any browser without the need for downloading the app. You can call up to 5 people in a video call. The app works best even at lower bandwidths. If you have lower internet speeds due to unavoidable reasons the app automatically lowers the video quality so that your call doesn’t drop. The app is compatible with all types of devices including legacy devices.
- Skype – Skype has been around for a longer time and is one of the first video call apps that made free international video calls possible. Skype is more effective in business settings but also can be used for video chatting with your friends. You can connect up to 50 people and meet while maintaining a safe distance. You can use the feature of blur background to hide clutter in your original backgrounds. You can also use features like screen sharing and screen recording. Using Skype web you connect from anywhere.
- Viber – Viber is one of the free video calling app which offers a seamless experience to its users. You can minimize the video calling to a smaller window so that you can use other apps hassle-free. You can click on the transfer button to switch your calls between different devices. You can go to the contacts list and tap on the contact to start a video call. You can chat with your Viber contacts during a video call simultaneously.
- Hike – Hike is an Indian app and introduced video calling on its messaging app way before then its competitor WhatsApp. This makes the app works in any network condition. It assures good video quality even on the 2G network. Like any other app, you can easily call any of your Hike contacts by tapping on the video icon on the chat window. You can download this app on your Android and iOS devices from Google Play Store and App Store respectively.
- Line – Line is another free video calling app that offers the best video conferencing experience. You will need a good internet connection to use the video chat feature of Line.
You can call up to 12 people in a video call. To initiate video calls you will need to create a group on Line and then tap on video call option to initiate video calls. You can see the profile pictures of people who participated at the right on the screen. You can tap on faces and add fun effects for a more interactive and fun experience.
Get any of the above apps to stay connected to the outside world while maintaining social distancing.